Monday, March 2, 2015

Title Reveal


Revealed the title for my fantasy work-in-progress today on Twitter. I included the graphic seen at the top of this post. As you can see, the title is Gods on the Mountain, and is tentatively scheduled to be released on April 2. Admittedly this might change if problems develop, however my followers will be notified, and it might at most be pushed back another month or so.

The original title I suggested on Twitter was "Gods of the Mountain." A lot of people liked it, but others didn't. I appreciated the feedback from the latter group, and tried to get my brain to think of alternate titles. All the ones I thought of were equally disliked by others, or just didn't seem to fit the story. I kept returning to my original idea (which I know is generally a creativity no-no), because it seemed to fit the storyline (which I gave a synopsis of here). Without giving too much away, a major point of the story is the role of three gods: one real, one fake, and one supposed. Likewise, this element takes place around events in the mountains of Calambria, the continent where this story takes place.

4 comments:

  1. Haha! I think I prefer "God's of the Mountain".

    Still, you've got to go with what you feel is right for your story at the end of the day. Ultimately, that's what matters and the fact that you weren't swayed by what everyone else thought or suggested.

    All the best with your release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, well I still appreciate feedback people give me. I had a lot of people telling me to do this or that, and groups of people siding with one title or another. I just have to realize that not everyone is going to be happy with everything I do.

      Currently I have someone working on the cover art, which I think will assist with the title a good bit.

      Delete
  2. This book is going to be so epic. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you think so :) I hope it doesn't disappoint anyone.

      Delete